General Micro Finance
For financing general micro finance loans to marginalized and low income groups of society as per Nepal Rastra Bank’s Directive under deprived sector lending.
Type of Loan
- Term Loan
- Wholesale loans to registered institution
- Loans to members of partner institutions
- Registered institution involved in providing Micro Finance services
- Individuals – members of partner institutions
- Should be registered with concerned authority of Government of Nepal.
- Cooperatives, Financial intermediary Non-Profit Organizations (FINGOs) involved in providing Micro Finance services with at least 2 consecutive years of net profit.
- The entities should have a provision of collecting savings, mobilizing credit and borrowing loans from other institutions in its charter/Memorandum of Article/Articles of Association.
- Member of partner institution
- Such individuals should be screened and recommended by the partner institution
- Agreement between the Bank and partner institution is required for financing through joint collaboration
- Minimum loan size - NPR 300,000/-
- Maximum loan size - NPR 10,000,000/-
- Loan amount should not be >25% of the institution’s total loan portfolio.
Maximum up to 5 years
Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) /Equated Quarterly Installment (EQI).
- Loan Application.
- Photograph and citizenship of the applicant, in case of individual applicant.
- Proof of membership of partner institution, in case of individual applicant.
- Formal agreement between the Bank and partner institution, in case of member of partner institution.
- Recommendation letter from partner organization, in case of member of partner institution.
- Location map of the applicant’s residence.
- Photograph and citizenship of proprietor/ partners/ members of Board of Directors/ Committee members in case of institution as applicable.
- Certificate of registration (renewed) and PAN in case of institution.
- Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, Charter of the institutions, as applicable.
- Proof of Board of Director’s decision to avail credit line and formal authorization to a maximum of two employees to work with the bank regarding the pursuit.
- Latest list of the board of directors certified by the company secretary / management.
- Audited/provisional financial report of last two years in case of institution. Self-declared financial statement in case of individual.
- Details should be provided of income earned from other sources than the proposed project (where applicable).
- Business Plan of the institution (where applicable).