"Corporate Social Responsibility (2009-2010)"
- Premiere show of Hollywood blockbuster 'AVATAR' in Jai Nepal Cinema for contributing fund for PLHIV in Dhangadi, Kailali to support their income generating activities
- Financial contribution to Helping Society Nepal for uplifting PLHIV(People Living with HIV) and clothes donated to people living with HIV
- Support in organizing health camp for CHHID (Children Handicapped Helpless Integral Development)Nepal
- Financial Support to Clean Nepal(CN) established with a mission to empower people dependent on drugs and PLHIV
- BOK staffs participated in COP 15 walkathon on climate change to exert pressure to ensure the
Reduction of Green House emission
- Sponsorship of "ZOO Wildlife Photography Competition" among Friends of Zoo(FOZ)organized
on the occasion of 14th anniversary of Central Zoo in December 2009
- Support to the Himalayan Alliance for Climate Change on its first national youth conference on
- Tie up with NTNC(National Trust for Nature Conservation) to support fight against climate
change regarding their "Think Locally Act Globally "Campaign. Contribution to be made from
the sale of BOK Visa Credit Card.
- Tree plantation in Kirtipur area in partnership with NTNC
- Dustbin placement at Naxal Bhagwati temple , ensuring clean environment
- Restoration and maintenance of Kamalpokhari
- On every account opened in Bank of Kathmandu's regional savings account
"BOK Pokhara Bachat Khata", The bank will donate NPR 100 per account opened to
Bindhyabasini Dharmik Kshetra Bikash Samiti for the development of Bindhyabasini temple in Pokhara
- Financial Support to Help to the Helpless council for purchasing educational materials for orphan children in local schools in Dharan for 5 yrs
- Scholarship for Nepal army officers' children
- Adopt a School program. Adoption of Prabhat Primary School, Surkhet for 2 years that includes construction of school building of basic infrastructure salary provision for 2 teachers, income generation activities etc.
- Financial contribution to Palanchok Bhagwati Uchha Madhyamik Vidhyalaya for purchasing materials to upgrade the educational facilities of the school
- Opened "Nava Kopila Bachat Khata" account for 50 children from 'Friends of Needy Children' a social organization, with a deposit of minimum balance of NPR 1000.Besides this the Bank also deposited NPR 100 in each account as part of the account scheme and will be further depositing cash gift of Rs. 133.33 on child's birthday, every year. The Bank also gifted "BOK piggy banks" to all the children so as to inculcate saving habits amongst them and also gifted them with educational materials.
- Sponsorship of 'Come Together 2010' concert of Save the Children to support education of Children from Concern Nepal, an NGO working for the betterment of children
- On the occasion of 16th Anniversary Bank of Kathmandu organized a staff rally as part of its Social Awareness Campaign "Save for the Future", to inculcate and promote saving habits among all the Nepalese as we strongly believe that small savings helps to meet bigger needs of the future
- Participation in TEWA Walk-a-thon for equitable justice and peace
- Staff Participation "Together for Tourism" walkathon in order to support Nepal tourism Year 2011
- Fund Support to Pakistan Flood Victims